Pages

Friday 23 December 2011

Pepper-Grilled Steak with Chopped Summer Salad



A refreshing Steak and Salad dish which can be served as either a starter or a main



Three of my friends from my Catholic all-girl school were coming over with their kids one afternoon for lunch.  The weather was typically hot, and I thought I should prepare something relatively light. So I decided on a simple Spaghettini with Garlic, Baby Roma Tomatoes, and Celery, and the Pepper-Grilled Steak with Chopped Summer Salad from epicurious.com.

The Steak and Salad turned out wonderfully.  We had the steak medium-rare, and it was good even when eaten cold. But the  real star of this dish was the salad.  The Feta, Red Onions, tomatoes, and Kalamata Olives gave it a tantalizing Mediterranean flavour. Very refreshing. My friend J couldn't stop raving about how good it was.  She has asked me for the recipe.  Again. So babe,  here it is.  This is specially for you.

Note:  In place of Jalapeno, I used Thai Red Chilli. This is the long, thin, curled red chilli which is hotter than the fat, straight variety.


2 comments:

If you have any comments or suggestions, I'd love to hear from you.